But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:17
The Source of Your Wisdom?
Eryka T. Johnson
Wow, what a word for the wisdom people. All too often, man attempts to pass along wisdom initiated from the flesh, found in earthly principles, or derived from conversations with others as God’s wisdom. Yet, neither one of these sources has its roots in the true manifestation of God’s word so they cannot compete with the right thing. As a result, the former wisdom turns out to be riotous thereby wounding many and spreading malicious discord. In fact, have you ever left a worship service after hearing the preached word and felt emotions of anger or even disgust with the individuals around you? If so, did the wisdom shared follow the model in James 3:17?
This scripture has much to say about wisdom from the One who provided every “wisdom key” necessary to survive in this life…
- The wisdom from above is first pure – It is important that we understand that purity is mentioned first. Anything you have received from God that has been manipulated or altered would not be considered as pure. Seek to communicate as you initially heard it. Do not add to or take away from the Lord’s masterpiece. Within it, you are sure to find the necessary guidance.
- The wisdom from above is then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated – Resist the temptation to incite the people with emotions contrary to what has been clearly stated by Him. There are several times when I’ve allowed my wrong opinions to spark controversy among individuals. In fact, true wisdom will promote peace and leave room for questions to be answered in a gentle manner.
- The wisdom from above is full of mercy and good fruits – It makes a way for you to come back even if you have gotten off the beaten path. If you are a good tree you are required to yield good fruit. Mercy is provided to ensure your productivity and fruitfulness. Stay clear of communicating un-forgiveness and handling individuals in an improper manner.
- The wisdom from above is without partiality – It does not favor one over the other. The word is true for all men. Refuse to promote division because you are partial towards a particular person or cause.
- The wisdom from above is without hypocrisy – It will never mock you. Yes, truth will be shared but that does not mean that it has to be hurtful. Discover ways to communicate which encourage rather than constantly put down.
I’m making a declaration to seek and share wisdom from above. When you are inspired by the only One, you will be known as a wise woman or man because of your character and lifestyle. So, what is the source of your wisdom?
Eryka T. Johnson