Thankful for You!
By Eryka T. Johnson
In the US, we recognize all the things we are thankful for today. It’s a time where family and friends come together to enjoy good food, good company, and create new memories. Here’s my short list of 5 things I’m grateful for today:
- I am thankful for you, your strength, and your drive
- I am thankful for the freedom to be who I was created to be
- I am thankful for my husband, kids and extended family
- I am thankful for my health and brilliant mind
- I am thankful for a United States that’s moving towards inclusion and extending love to everyone
A few years ago, my mindset coach explained to me the concept of gratitude as I was struggling to understand why I was not further along in achieving my hopes and dreams. Only when you express gratitude can you create more space for it. So, here’s the key…everyday express gratitude for three things. Then watch how things multiply in your life and opportunities present themselves.
I’m off to baking strawberry and sweet potato pies with Elena and Caleb as well as preparing a mini-Thanksgiving family feast for four. As a leader, make sure you spend time with the ones you love on today. This is excellent for building confidence and creating balance.
Happy Thanksgiving my friend!
So what are you thankful for today?
Eryka T. Johnson