What Does Viola Davis And I Share In Common?
By Eryka T. Johnson
I’m so glad I was able to get out of my own way.
Since targeting my focus on executive leadership development since February 2015, I’ve had to confront self-sabotaging thoughts attempting to overwhelm me and hinder my progress.
- Do you have what it takes to lead high level women?
- Who will listen to you?
- What are your credentials or what gives you the right to lead?
- You do not have an advanced degree (i.e. PhD)
- And a mile long of other unproductive thoughts…
Because I was more committed to success and purpose rather than fear and doubt, I persevered. And I’m glad I did not give up. Just within the past few months, I’ve moved the needle on some major goals.
One in particular is increasing the visibility of my brand which is helping high achieving women go from Invisibility to Influence™.
Here’s a quick list of what’s been happening:
- Featured in the February issue of Success Magazine talking about confidence
- Featured on NBC-Montana discussing “How Confident Women Lead and the Feminine Collective”
- Quoted in The Network Journal discussing tips for networking in a new city
- Guest blog on Everyday Power Blog which has over 300,000 monthly readers discussing moving beyond affirmations to real transformation
- Featured on The Last Best News highlighting my work as a leadership strategist and encouraging women to influence the way others see them
- Featured on ExxonMobil’s global newsletter for my work with Girl Scouts and promoting how to be a girl engineer
- Featured in the April issue of Yellowstone Valley Women discussing parenting my three kids as a full-time engineer and running a company
But guess what?
I would have never had the courage or confidence to pursue any opportunity if I succumbed to the negative chatter going on in my head.
That’s why you need to join me for “Master Your Inner Fraud” webinar.
So, what does Viola Davis and I share in common?
When I heard award-winning actress Viola Davis talk about how she suffers with self-doubt although SUPER successful in the entertainment industry, I nearly cried.
Check out her video below: